We all want to be able to take pride in the presentation of our club facilities. So here’s a call out to our member base for willing volunteers to form a Property Management Committee and also a Works Brigade. I am confident we have many members willing to ‘roll-up their sleeves’ and help with the work on the ground, but we are seeking a group to co-ordinate the team effort.
The Nuts & Bolts:-
- ‘Property Management Committee’ would be a sub-committee of the ‘Executive’.
- Limited to 6 Committee Members (as per constitution), who hold meetings, take minutes and send reports to the Exec meeting.
- No limit on the number of workers/members helping – Reintroducing the ‘Works Brigade’ (New Shirts?) as a great opportunity for members to get involved and contribute, especially those not already volunteering on beach patrols.
- ‘Suggested’ Roles for the Property Management Committee:
- Property Manager – Chair meetings, communication main point of contact.
- Purchasing Officer – Monitor supplies, liaise with suppliers, provide purchase orders to Dir. Finance. Budget where possible.
- Worker Co-ordinator – Keep list of helpers, set-up schedules or rosters (if necessary), assign jobs/tasks, record hours volunteered.
- Communications – Minutes of meetings, reports, notices, photo’s and good news stories for web, Social media, newsletter etc. Sending request for help
- Building Advisor – Technical & monitor WHS, hopefully someone with come building maintenance knowledge or experience,
- Contractor Liaison – Contact and co-ordinate external contractors to complete works as required.
I’m hoping that this could grow to include regular events such as working bees and specific projects such as the recent First Aid Room Conversion, but also include social BBQ’s or Club Functions to reward efforts.
PLEASE CONSIDER HELPING YOUR CLUB LOOK ITS BEST
To apply, please send an email to
As per constitution, Exec Committee will be able to appoint the sub-committee.